Friday, July 15, 2011

Mal Has Been Adopted

Mal was adopted to a wonderful family. Dave and his son Dillon were so nice and I know are going to have a lot of fun with Mal. Mal is also going to have 30 acres to run and play in! I could tell Dillon and Mal feel in love with each other nearly instantly and are going to be the best of friends. I really believe every kid should have a dog. Of course that's just me. [I'll have to share the story of my childhood dog in another post.]

I was able to get some really sweet moments of Dillon and his new friend.




Dillon was playing ball with Mal and managed to wear her out. This was the first time Mal ever laid down in the back yard! Another sign of a perfect match.





It's pictures like these that make me happy we are not just doing what we are doing, but happy with the fostering route we've taken. We initially were going to foster puppies, which we may still do one day. The difference with the puppy organization is you have them for a couple nights and then take them to the adoption event. I think it's wonderful and having the puppies for such a short amount of time might be a little easier, but I'm really enjoying being so intimately involved with the actual adoption. Especially when children are involved. It's such a joy seeing the happiness in their eyes and knowing that they will always remember the day they picked up their new dog. It's also nice knowing that they are getting a dog that will be easy to fall in love with and become their best friend. The last two dogs have been so incredibly sweet and perfect for a child.

Mal I admit was challenging with the amount of energy this girl had, but looking at the pictures, and seeing such happiness makes fostering worth it. It also was easier saying good-bye to our second foster. I do think it will be different with every dog. Mal we knew needed space to run so she could release some of that energy. Knowing she is going to have so much space and an 8 year-old boy to wear her out, made saying good-bye just a little bit easier. :)

We're taking a short break from fostering. I think we need a little break. We also have family coming in and having 2 dogs with a full house would be a bit much. I think Avie may be pleading for a break too. ;)



Avie about 20 minutes after Mal left. I think she's a bit tired.



RMLR has heard from Dave and Dillon. Mal has already gone on a hike with her new family and was sleeping at Dave's feet as he sent the email. They love her. :)

Many thanks to the Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue for making fostering an enjoyable experience and finding such wonderful families for these dogs that truly just need some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment