Saturday, July 7, 2012

Meet Serenity, AKA Reney

I know everyone has been waiting to see pictures of our foster dog Serenity, here she is and she is beautiful!



Serenity came to Colorado from Ozarks, MO. The notes on her paperwork say she was being auctioned at a neighbors house! Who does this?! When nobody wanted her, the auctioneers said just take any dog that is left. (There was more than one dog!) The good neighbor out of fear of what would happen to this sweet dog, took her. Thank goodness for a kind hearted person. I took Serenity to the vet and the vet said Serenity looks to have had several litters of puppies. Her front teeth are also a little ground down, probably from chewing on metal from a cage! It is most likely she was just used as a puppy maker, living life in a cage and when they were done with her, they held an auction to try and make more money off of her. The thought makes me angry and brings me to tears all at the same time. No dog deserves this. Despite her life, she is about the most gentle, sweetest creature ever. She shows an immense amount of trust and forgiveness. She is, rightfully so, very timid and scared, but doesn't have any aggression what so ever. She's a love. She is definitely a girl that I think will need a somewhat calm household. Not sure if she will be up to a lot of high activity, although this could change as she builds confidence. As of now, she is very mellow and content with just relaxing. She does scare easily. I'm thinking younger children may not be good for her, not because she's aggressive, but because fast movements and noise make her uncertain and nervous. She will also need a person who will slowly adapt her to social life and understand when it's too much. I do believe she will recover and become more confident with time and patience. I'm trying to take her on a small outing everyday to help build her confidence. I also know she will bond with the person who gives her the love and reassuring she needs. I can already see the bond and trust she is creating with us.

This is when we picked her up. So timid and scared. She didn't want to come out of her crate and she was scared to get in the car.



Here's a cell phone picture of when she got in the car. You can see the uncertainty. Makes me so sad.



She sat up to look around a little.



Look at those amazing eyes!



After her bath. I have never seen so much dirt come off a dog before. We had to lather her up 4 times. I'm sure she was feeling a lot better after she was all clean.



Ave is such a good girl! She didn't bother Serenity at all while she was eating. Asher on the other hand....we put him outside. He has some manners still needing to be learned.



This is the most energy we've seen from her and it lasted a whole 2 seconds. She just might be the calmest dog I have ever met.









We need to fatten this girl up! She's about 15-20lbs underweight.



I took Serenity to the vet, and the poor girl has a fever and a bladder infection. This could explain why she is so mellow. She probably doesn't feel good.



Well...I pretty much love her! I already know how hard it will be when she finds her forever home, but she has already made me a better person. It's amazing what we humans can learn from a dog. Truly amazing.

Serenity is available for adoption through the Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment