Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Foster Dogs

Very quickly, I haven't added the link to the sidebar yet, but Avie and Friends now has a Facebook page! We need 25 fans to get a FB username. Avie and Asher are pretty excited! ;) Go to the page here.

Our 2011 Foster Dogs!



Tango, Mal, Gracie, Zelda, Moby, Morgan, and his name at the time, Spot.


Best Moments
Tango was our very first foster dog. Tango was picked up as a stray and ended up in a local pound. He was a very scared and timid dude. He was terrified of his crate, and was even scared to get in the car to go for a ride. It was truly heartbreaking. With a little encouragement, and a whole lot of love, this sweet boy's look on life turned around.

Happy boy going for a ride.


He even found comfort and security sleeping in his crate.



Mal. Now this girl had energy! Mal was an owner surrender. Mal was living her life by herself in the backyard on a leash. She was pretty excited to be indoors and to have a playmate. It took A LOT to wear this girl out. After being up all day, she finally fell asleep at around 10pm.



Gracie. Gracie stole many hearts including ours. She came to us blind in one eye, but she sure didn't know it. I love this photo! Gracie loved to run and jump at Avie. I love Avie's face here.



Moby and Zelda. A couple days after we got Gracie, we picked up Zelda and Moby. We didn't plan on fostering 3 dogs at once, it just worked out that way. When I read Gracie's story, I just had to foster her. The rescue then put the word out that a litter of pups were going to be coming to the rescue. We still didn't know when Gracie would make it to Colorado, so we offered to take in two of the pups. Gracie ended up getting to Colorado 2 days before the pups, so we took them all. So glad we did. They were an awesome pack!

This is Zelda. "Hey, what's up? How ya doing? Guess what I'm about to do? I'm about to poop in your car." Yeap! That is exactly what happened.


The pack, Moby, Gracie, and Avie. [Zelda was the first to get adopted.]



And a closer look at Moby....he's got his eye on that treat.



Morgan and Spot, our unexpected fosters. These adorable pups were abandon on the side of a busy  highway.



We helped out C.A.R.E. with one of their transports and picked up a litter of English Pointers. The moment we saw them we knew we wanted to adopt one, so we did a foster to adopt. [We had already been thinking about adopting a new pup.]

Morgan, "I have no problem hanging with the big dogs."



Spot, "I love ya sis!"



The biggest joy of 2011 has been the addition to our pack, Asher. Asher means happy, lucky. We thought the name fitting since he had such a rough start.




Fostering has been a very rewarding experiece. The goodbyes are very difficult, but well worth the brief sadness. We've been able to keep in touch with some of our fosters which is really wonderful. It's great to see how these dogs are doing and how much love they are getting. I will be doing some updates on the dogs we've been able to keep in touch with

Thank you to EVERYONE that has not only been following our fostering adventure, but have been so supportive. We've received so many encouraging emails that are truly appreciated. Fostering has not only given us the opportunity to save dogs, but has brought us new friends. I'd like to also thank the Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue for making fostering as easy as possible, and for everything they do for these dogs. If anyone has ever thought about fostering, as I've said before, just do it. Rocky  Mountain Lab Rescue, as well as most rescues provide everything you need. They give you a crate if needed, they provide the food, if there are any medical needs for the dog, they provide all of that too. Fostering does not cost you a cent, unless you would like to donate food and/or supplies. What I have enjoyed most is being able to be involved with the adoption. Getting attached to the dogs is pretty much a guarantee, so being able to  meet the adopters and be part of the process has really been helpful for my husband and I when it's time to say goodby. When they leave our house, we know the dogs are going to a wonderful home.

We have been taking a break while Avie and Asher bond, but will be fostering again very soon. We have a sick kitty at the moment, so need to get her feeling better before we foster again. We also need to get the lump on Avie re-checked and make sure it isn't time to have it removed. As soon as all of this is squared away, we'll be ready to foster again!

No comments:

Post a Comment