Then and now. (The picture on the right is today.)
Asher's puppy milestones:
Potty trained! This for obvious reasons was pretty exciting. It only took him 2 weeks. We potty trained him a little different than Avie. We crate trained, but we also hung a bell on the back door for him to ring when he has to go outside. I can not believe how well it worked, and how fast he figured it out. Whenever he has to go potty, he just rings the bell with his nose. Yes, very cute. Oh, and if he has to go poop, he gets very dramatic with the bell ringing. It's pretty darn hilarious. I'm going to have to try and get video of this.
Command Training. He's doing really good. He knows sit, lie down, come, look at me, drop it, out of the kitchen, and is working on stay.
He also knows 'jump on the couch'! Ha!

No we didn't teach him this, he's just figured out that my husband is a push over. Yes, I said my husband. Believe it or not, he's the one that lets them on the couch and bed! Avie wasn't allowed on the couch, or the bed for a few years. I finally caved. I will say, I DO NOT want two big dogs on the bed. My solution (hopefully), is to build a dog bed that fits both of them for the bedroom. I'm not sure how well Avie will take to it, but maybe I'll get lucky and Asher will. He still sleeps in his crate, so I have some time. Fortunately, he absolutely loves his crate. He goes in all by himself at night when it's time for bed.
Here's my little sketch for the bed. It'll be a pretty easy project. Just need some wood, some nails, some fancy post for the legs, paint, and dog pillows which we already have.

October 1st.
I took Asher to a puppy socialization group. He actually bared his fangs which was a bit surprising. He stayed off to the side next to the lady who runs the group for most of the hour. Toward the end he started to try and play a bit. He's kind of a timid dude.


Pleading for me to take him out.

October 8th.
Asher's first snow!
I still have a plethora of images I'm sorting through. I should take a break from taking pictures of Asher and Avie till I catch up. Yeah right! Who am I fooling. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment