Monday, September 19, 2011

Asher {Foster Fail}


Remember Spot? [Previous post.] Well, he is now Asher, and he is now ours! Yes, we are foster failures. Fortunately we already knew we'd eventually end up adopting one of our fosters. Looks like I may have to change the blog to 'Avie and Asher'. :) (I really liked Avie and Friends though.)

Asher means happy, lucky. We thought the name fitting since he had such a rough start.



Asher will even get to see his brother again! Our close friends Brenda and Zach adopted his brother who is now named Ivan. We're also going to keep in touch with the couple that adopted his sister Morgan who we were fostering. So Asher will be able to see and play with her again too!




It's pretty amazing he was able to get this close to September. She DOES NOT like dogs very much. She barely tolerates Avie and we've had her for over 3 years. We have actually tried to find her a home without dogs, but haven't found one. We do think she may be happier without dogs around, but she handles it pretty well for the most part.



I can't believe he didn't get clawed. Maybe September's turning over a new leaf.



I'd say he's adjusting just fine to his new home. :)




Avie and Asher.






This is actually a rare moment. Avie really likes her personal space when it comes to sleeping. He tries very hard to sneak in a cuddle.



Hers and his. hehe.



We're taking a break from fostering for Avie and Asher to bond. I think Avie is wondering when he's leaving. LOL Asher will be joining a puppy socialization group in the next couple weeks. The next few months will be all about training, training, and more training. We weren't consistent enough with Avie when she was a puppy, although, despite that she still is a pretty good dog. The main thing I'm hoping to do different with Asher is recall training. When Avie gets out, she ignores us when we call her. She's gotten a little better, but still has her bad days. I already think Asher is going to be better at this than Avie. He has a much calmer demeanor than Avie did as a pup, and he seems to stay focused longer during training.

Let the puppy adventure begin! I'm sure it'll be full of highs...and lows. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment